Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trunk or Treat on a Thursday and Saturday

Just home from Trunk or Treat #2
Emmett was Winnie the Pooh on Saturday but he decided to fill his diaper with it right before the Trunk or Treat and I didn't feel like putting the costume back on.

My skeleton pirate and pink haired fairy wanted the Trunk or Treat to start as soon as they woke up that morning. They wanted to skip everything and go straight to the church where the candy gathering was going to take place.


Emmett was a Jack O Lantern, he didn't care one way or the other. Poor kid, he just wanted the sweet stuff in the wrappers that crinkled when he put them in his mouth. I wouldn't have dressed up except that I got honey all over my shirt (not sure how) when I was making the honey butter to take to the church for the cornbread. Bah humbug.



Caldron of eyeballs




Halloween is a favorite around our house. Even though I don't get crazy with the decorations, we try to compensate with the costumes and the activities. I am such a dweeb. Last year I bought cobwebs and window clings to use this year and I totally forgot about them until Thursday, 2 days before Halloween. When I brought them up from the basement I showed the kids. They were jumping up and down hollering, "This is the BEST HALLOWEEN EVER!" I guess I'll get better at decorating for the basted holiday so every year is the best year. They were especially excited when they saw the eyeball bubble gum that I put in the candy bowl to pass out.

1 comment: