Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Today I resolve...

Today I resolve to give the benefit of the doubt.

I will not use the words lie or liar today. Instead I will hint that I am a very smart mom with an amazing ability, super power if you will, to detect and sniff out the truth. I will sincerely slather on the praise. "Thank you soooo much for brushing your teeth on your own. By doing so, means you are taking a stand against those hole-digging cavity bugs that creep into those spots that the toothbrush missed. It is soo great to have kids that brush well so the dentist doesn't need to give them shots. Keep up the good work kids!"

Side note: I help them brush at night and they are in charge in the morning. It is the morning cleaning that provides the opportunity to stretch or fabricate the truth. The love and logic folks tell us that the simple phrase, "I only give treats to kids that brush." is enough to motivate.

No comments:

Post a Comment